Health Savings Account
With a Health Savings Account (HSA), you can pay for
qualified medical expenses and enjoy a tax benefit, all while earning interest.
The HSA can be a great way for both individuals and families to save up for
current or future medical expenses.
- Funds are taken out of your paycheck pre-tax and automatically deposited to your HSA.
- Smoothly and easily pay for qualified medical expenses in person, over the phone, or online with a debit card tied to your HSA.
- If you don't utilize your HSA funds right away, they'll keep building up until you need them. You will never lose the funds in your HSA.
- Earn interest based on current rates. Interest is compounded and credited every month.
Interested? Contact us or give us a call at (605) 335-5200 to learn more or to open up your HSA today.
Additional Account Details
Minimum Balance Requirements
There are no minimum balance requirements to open this account.
A service charge of $3.00 will be imposed every month if the
balance in the account falls below $1,000 any day of the month. You must
maintain a minimum balance of $5,000 in the account each day to obtain the
disclosed annual percentage yield.
Balance Computation Method
We use the daily balance computation method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Accrual of Interest on Non-cash Deposits
Interest begins to accrue no later than one business day after we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks).
Fees and Charges
The following fees and charges may be assessed against your account:
- Stop Pay Charge: $30.00 per request
- Returned Item Fee: $3.00 per item
- Re-deposit of Returned Item Fee: $1.00 per item
- Dormant Account Fee: $5.00 per month
- Returned Mail Fee: $5.00 per month
- Deposited Item Copy Fee: $3.00 per copy
- Wire Transfer Fee: $20.00
- International Wire Transfer Fee: $50.00
- Collection Fee: $20.00 per item
- Canadian Check Processing Fee: $10.00 per check + exchange fee
You may make unlimited deposits into your account each month, and an unlimited number of withdrawals by automated teller machine (ATM), mail, or teller withdrawals can be made from your health savings account.
However, federal regulations limit the number of non-personal transfers from your account to six per monthly statement cycle. Non-personal transfers include any combination of PC, telephone, automatic or pre-authorized transfers to another account of the depositor or to a third party.
Additional HSA Information
Do you have additional questions about opening an HSA? Give us a call at (605) 335-5200 or learn more about HSAs in our frequently asked questions.