Grain Crops Harvested for Feed Use
Contact your agent if you plan to convert insured grain crop acres to another use (silage, wet corn for feed, earlage, etc.) as those acres must be appraised as designated by the insurance company adjuster to document proof of production.
For Grain Production that is used as livestock feed, you will need sufficient records whether through detailed feeding records or measured production counts prior to feeding. Once you finish harvesting, give your agent a call to schedule a measurement.
Commingling of Grain Production
Contact your agent if you plan to commingle 2013's production with any prior year's crop in storage, as it must be measured before new crop is commingled in. Please reference the ‘Commingled Production' page that was attached to your ‘Schedule of Insurance' documents for additional details.
Please note: The failure to comply with these procedures could result in the denial or reduction of a loss claim adjustment.
Important Dates for Fall and Forage Crops
Year 2013 Crops:
- Production Reporting deadline (winter wheat): November 14, 2013
Year 2013 Fall Planted Crops:
- Sales Closing date (fall and forage crops): September 30, 2013
- Acreage Reporting deadline (winter wheat): November 15, 2013
Harvest Record Requirements
Soft Records: Documents an insured must supply to separate production by unit, practice, type, or variety.
- Load log records
- Grain cart scale weights
- Producer's scale printouts
Records must include: crop, date harvested, quantity, and location harvested.
Hard Records: Records that prove the final disposition of the total crop and are verifiable by a third party.
- Grain settlement tickets
- Third party measurements - storage structures, crop appraisals
- Precision for mins records - requires specific steps to qualify (Contact your agent for details.)
- Feed records - specific data recording is required